Sunday, November 21, 2010

Meet me in Montauk

"Blessed are the forgetful, for they get the better even of their blunders. "

"How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! / The world forgetting, by the world forgot / Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! / Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd. "

Enteral Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Recently I have been thinking about this movie.  Would you ever erase some one from your memory?  I would have said no a couple months back, because lets me honest every memory and experience shapes who we are today. However, I think that if this technology existed that I might look into setting up an appointment.  How wonderful would it be to be able to erase someone that has completely written you off?!?! They were at one time a wonderful friend to you and they are someone you love but since they no longer seem to care to contact you or even give you closure you could just erase the fact that you even knew them!
You wouldn't have to wonder all the time what went wrong or live another day with unanswered questions... 
   Would you trade all your memories with a person in to avoid hurt feelings and confusion??? 
Something that really makes me think.... 


No comments:

Post a Comment