Sunday, September 4, 2011

Thank you Matthew Kenney!


Have you ever heard of Matthew Kenney? Well if you have not then let me tell you about this awesome chef! One of his restaurants is here in Oklahoma City called 105 degrees.  I bought Matthew Kenney's RAW book before we even had one of his restaurants and the whole raw movement is something I love! About 3-4 years ago I purchased a VITA Mix and tried living raw, however my Vita Mixer only saw veggies and nuts for a short time before it started making evening cocktails! Fail.
The idea behind the Raw movement is not only living a vegan life style but also eating vegetables in more of their natural state so that the nutrients are not cooked out.
Yesterday my Dad and I had a lovely Dinner at 105 degrees and we both were in awe over how great the food was and how wonderful we felt after leaving! When my Dad and I use to go to Dinner we would normally leave the restaurant bellies full and ready to find a couch/bed. This is no longer the case! Times have changed and I can't be more proud of my father for the healthily life style he is striving to live every single day!
Yesterday's Dinner has me remembering how much better I use to feel when I didn't pollute my body with animal products every day. This week I am giving myself a challenge to go the whole week on a vegan diet.  No meats and no dairy. I think my skin is starting to get that glow just thinking about it!

‘chips and guac’ 
fork crushed avocado, cacao-corn chips,pickled green chili, smoked salt, mole




caprese
local tomatoes, basil, macadamia cheese




the classic summer tomato lasagna
macadamia ricotta, sun cured tomato marinara, pistachio pesto




sweet corn ravioli

broccoli rabe, corn-mint relish, green tomato fondue

       

No comments:

Post a Comment