Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Healthy Snacks!

Lately I have been struggling to come up with heathy snack ideas for Ella and myself.  I needed to find some ideas that were easy for me to take to work and also some ideas to Ella would enjoy.  I love read Real Simple Magazine because it's packed with great ideas! Here are some of my favorite snack ideas from: realsimple.com/healthysnacks.  I am really excited to see ideas including hummus, peanut butter, and salmon! Yummmm! Today is my second cleanse day so I can't have a snack today but I will be making one or two of these to take to work with me tomorrow!

Half a cucumber, sliced, plus 3 tablespoons hummus

98 calories, 4g fiber, 5g protein, 4g fat

Low-fat vanilla yogurt (½ cup) with 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin plus a pinch of pumpkin pie spice

114 calories, 1g fiber, 6g protein, 2g fat

2 carrots (cut into sticks) with 1 tablespoon peanut butter

144 calories, 4g fiber, 5g protein, 8g fat

Pita pizza (1 small whole-wheat pita, 1 tablespoon marinara, 1 ounce part-skim mozzarella, oregano, and basil)

160 calories, 3g fiber, 10g protein, 6g fat

La Tortilla Factory High Fiber Low Carb tortilla (6.5-inch) wrapped with smoked salmon (1 ounce) and low-fat cream cheese (1 tablespoon)

113 calories, 7g fiber, 11g protein, 6g fat

Pineapple juice (¼ cup) with ¼ cup plain low-fat yogurt plus ¼ cup strawberries and ½ frozen banana (blended together)

137 calories, 2g fiber, 4g protein, 1g fat

2 sliced tomatoes with 1 ounce mozzarella plus 5 basil leaves and 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar

122 calories, 3g fiber, 9g protein, 5g fat

1 banana with 2 teaspoons almond butter plus 1 tablespoon toasted shredded coconut

200 calories, 5g fiber, 4g protein, 8g fat

1 slice pumpernickel toast with 1 tablespoon low-fat cream cheese plus 1 sliced radish

111 calories, 2g fiber, 4g protein, 3g fat

**Idea's are from RealSimple.com







No comments:

Post a Comment