Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Cheers to Healthy Mornings!


After reading Kris Carr's book CRAZY SEXY DIET I have been trying to drink purified water every morning with half squeezed organic lemon and a dash of cayenne pepper.

Let me explain why:

Cayenne pepper is awesome if you didn't know! It increases metabolism, helps adjust blood pressure to normal levels, and cleans arteries.

Lemons:
Helps the body stay alkaline. After reading Crazy sexy diet I learned that cancer lives in acidic environments.  Our body's PH levels plays a major role in our health. Every food was eat has a PH level. My thinking was lemons=acidic=bad, but lemons once metabolized become alkaline!

I found this blog post this morning and thought it was helpful! I now want a lemon press! It's amazing all the little kitchen gadgets that make me happy, I don't know when I became such a kitchen nerd!

Check out this  Link Below!

5 Reasons to Drink Lemon Water in The Morning

Nothing like starting your day off on a healthy note! I try to wake up drink water first thing! Then make a glass of this lemon juice+cayenne pepper water because I need my metabolism to wake up and get a jump start! Then if I have time and need caffeine boost I'll drink some yerba mate tea ( jitter-free caffeine boost and high antioxidant content). Finally Green Juice ! This is on a good day when my day goes as planned and I'll try to eat a veggie wrap with lets of raw veggies or a salad.

I am still working on my vegan diet and trying to eat RAW as much as possible, but it is a process I help to master for a new start this is upcoming new year!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this! I've also read Kris Carr's book & loved it. I forgot about the lemon-cayenne water & need to add it back to my mornings.

    Vegan dinner soon, please?

    ReplyDelete