Tuesday, November 8, 2011

My Other Half.



I have a friend that gets me better than any one else in the world.  Some times I think she is my older twin sister.  We think too much alike and even will show up somewhere wearing the same outfit! She has a daughter and goes through a lot of the same tough "it's life" kind of stuff I do.  We met about 4 years ago and became best friends in a matter of minutes. It was love at first sight, the real kind that actually last.  I honestly don't know what I would do without her. 
We both are single hard working moms who are trying our hardest to give our daughters everything the world has to offer.  We use to live together and we have worked together almost every job since meeting one another.  This weekend was a rough one for us both.  We both had very little sleep and not the best work weekend to make it worth while. I guess having someone to lean that wears "the same shoe" makes it easier trying to get to the light at the end of the tunnel. 
I am blessed with many friends but I have always felt alone when my girlfriends get their boyfriends that take up their time or when my guy friends well just disappear for periods at a time. 
Being the constant single girl/ single mom/ family black sleep/ workaholic is something Christine and I both share and I guess it's just nice (possibly selfish) to know I'm not the only one ... 


No comments:

Post a Comment