Monday, June 7, 2010

UnEventful Sunday..


Yesterday I thought I was gonna lose it.  I felt pretty good all day and could not think of anything to do or find anyone to hang out with.  I kept thinking, 'I'm 39 weeks pregnant and there isn't much I can do!' 
I wanted to take a walk but it was way too hot! So I jumped in my car and started to drive to my favorite area, Nichols Hills.  I pulled into the Panera Bread that was across the street from the house I lived in 2 years ago.  I miss living in that area sooo much! I love the "western" area.  The houses all have there own personality, the restaurants are so good, and it just makes me happy... I ordered a sandwich and a large green tea then sat down and begin reading "The Geography of Bliss."  It's a book about a journalist who travels the world in search of the happiest places.  I thought it was ironic that I had drove to my favorite part of town to a Panera Bread 20 minutes away from my house to read this book that was kinda exactly like what I was doing.  The book is not about happiness being a mind set but more about our surroundings  being the cause of our happiness or lack of.  I think it's a mind set but I'm loving the book, learning about different countries and their cultures. 
After a couple of hours reading and sipping on my green tea I drove around the Nichols Hills houses.  Looking forward to the day I can move back into the area.  I fall in love with several of the houses and wonder what the inside looks like... I can't wait to buy a house and make it my own for Ella and I. 
After driving around I thought I'd continue on this quest I was having by myself for the little things that make me happy and drove to the Cheese Cake Factory.  There I order a Red Velvet Cheesecake! It was delicious! I finally made my way back home that evening and was able to cross off another day closer to meeting Ella! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment