Monday, August 1, 2011

Got Dirty....Really Dirty for a great Cause!

WHAT IS THE DIRTY 30 YOU ASK?

"It’s more than just a mud run; it’s an event you will never forget. The Dirty 30 may not change your life, but it will at least change it for one day. Who doesn’t want to run a 5k in the mud complete with 15 obstacles along the way? Obstacles will include mud pits, fire jumps, walls and more.
We would love to tell you that it is going to be easy, but we wouldn’t want to lie. Challenges like this show us just how much we can accomplish."

-thedirty30race.com





Oklahoma's First Dirty 30 Race was this Saturday and I am STILL sore from the race! 
The money raised went to two different charities WATERisLIFE and The Spero Project. You could also donate your shoes at the end of the race which I did because I hate cleaning Mud of shoes, oh and for people who needed them I was more than happy to do so!
Honestly I was so scared about this race.  I had been running but I was falling behind on workouts and I was prepared to look like a fool and just do my best because I couldn't not try!  Plus Christina was going to be there and I had to compete to win against her! We all decided to dress up in tutu's and fool people into thinking we were just some sassy girls then get out there and rock it in the mud! And I think we all did better than had hope!  I was so proud of myself and our group!
The only part that was awful was the heat and the the lack of shower space! They had the ONE HOUR long line of people waiting to shower off! By the time I got there I was trying my best to get the dried mud off!  Christina and Jess rode with me so I still have some dirt in my car to prove how dirty we got! It defiantly open up a desire in me to enter more races like this one.
The Next Race to sign up for: THE WARRIOR DASH IN TULSA ! SO EXCITED!!!

           
                                      Before                           and                      After   


Had a Great Time with such wonderful friends!


**Group Pictures Before the Race **

*Below My Friend Cassie Who I Was So Impressed With! SHE KICKed BUTT OUT THERE!**
{ I look funny because Christina told me to look serious,something I can't do well-hints the cracked smile} 


 

*Can you see the Neon Colors Running to he last Obstacle?*Then Mud Wrestling Broke out*

 Once Christina and I go to the very last Obstacle she decided to wrestle me in the mud so she could pull ahead.  I did not see it coming! As you can see from the picture see was at one point sitting on top of me as I was buried in the thick mud! Once I got a hold of her we had a pretty good mud wrestling match going on and all the sudden we hear voices from the crowd; "Get her ... tackle her back down..... " along with clapping and yelling.  I don't know if Christina realized what a positive reaction we would get!  I had never been so dirty in my life and I'd do it all again next weekend!
Then we cheered Jessica On as she finished the Race! 
"Go Blondie!"

My Best Friends and I after the Race! 
We did it! 
Left : Christina and I 
Right : Jessica and I 

WHAT A GREAT RACE! We will be at it again on Sept. 24th for the Warrior DASH!  We are Training up for this next event and our costumes are gonna be great! 










No comments:

Post a Comment