Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Acupuncture and My Tuesday...

Yesterday was an eventful day for me! It was my Dad's birthday, which I thought went awesome.  It was a pretty chill day at the office and I left early for a doctors appointment.  Everything is looking good! I am now 37 weeks, my baby is concerned full-term now.  My weight has been almost the exact same for these last two months.  The last check up I had lost 2lbs, this appointment I gain 2 lbs so I am back at the same weight I have been! Awesome, I'm glad is staying consistent! My doctor checked me for the first time to see if I was dilated. Found out that I am not dilated yet, but I'm 80% phase which means my body is getting ready for labor! YAY! But I also got scared I still don't see how a baby is going to fit it's way through (ouch!)!  My OB then let me know that I could have this baby ANYTIME now and also that it's safe to have her anytime now!
After the doctor I went to my Chiropractor to get adjusted.  After I told him about my doctors appointment he asked it I was wanting to start acupuncture to help induce my labor.  I said "YES!" then he asked
"So, your ready to have this baby as soon as tonight then, right??...Because it could induce you that fast..."  
WOW, that stopped me in my tracks! No, I am honestly not "ready" but then again how can I be, I feel like it's going to be a fly by the seat of my pants type deal! I am making sure however I do the best I can to be ready and prepare in any way I can!
So yes we started acupuncture yesterday.  He put tiny needles (like the one in the picture above) in both of my small toes, inside of my ankles and in my wrist.  Then I was told to lay there for 15 minutes. Just 3 minutes into it I could feel my body responding.  Then I started to feel ready sick! My sister in law came into the room and helped me sit up which made me feel better. I had started to sweat and feel a little light headed.  The doctor came in and put two more acupuncture needles in the webbed part of my hands (between my thumb and pointer finger) to help take away the nausea, it worked.  I sat there for the remanding time and was fine.
Later that night I went to dinner with my parents and then to a coffee shop to hang out for my Dad's Birthday.  Once I got home I went to change into some sweat pants, as I lifted my left leg into my pants I got a sharp piercing  pain running up through my body and I froze! It hurt sooo bad! I after the pain stopped I started walk and on my second step, as I came down on my right leg I felt my body wanting to collapse.  I was in pain.  I could not put any weight on my right leg or it caused awful pain in my groin area! I know I had pulled something or that something was not right.  This pain lasted all night! Which ment I was CRAWLING to the bathroom for all my many pee brakes that I have to take! Awful night and awful pain that brought me to tears.  I could barely sleep, if I moved to fast or the wrong way I felt that pain.  The only way to keep from hurting was to not move the lower half of my body at all.
I woke up this morning felling a little better, I still can't put much wight on my right side though.  I went to my chiropractor again and was told I had a spasm and to take it easy it's starting to heal... We are also going to do acupuncture again tomorrow.
So today I am trying to take it easy as I crawl or walk funny til this pulled whatever gets better....(sigh)....

No comments:

Post a Comment