Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Currently Reading and Loving...


This week I'm reading Jillian Michaels new book, Master Your Metabolism.  I picked this book up at Barnes and Noble on Sunday and I am currently half way through it.  There is a lot of information in this book so I have read and re-read the first couple of chapters trying to soak up all of its knowledge. Being to health guru I strive to be, this book was a real eye opener on how wrong I had been doing things with my diet pills and extreme calorie cuts in the past. I have been looking for a healthy answer to not only weight loss but to an over all healthy life style, and I think I have found it Thanks to Jillian! She preaches on a lot of things I already have felt so passionate about when it comes to the food the average American consumes.  I never knew that our hormones (male and female) have everything to do with our metabolism, weight loss, and quality of life!
I strongly believe that this book is for EVERY American living our corrupt westernized pattern diet!
I am convinced the problem is that people just don't care enough about their health and sadly about their families health as well (Heart Breaking)!!! I know this because so many times I talk to my friends about health and the corrupt food industries of today and their reply, 
"Well, you are over reacting Jenn, I love and eat my burgers and chicken nuggets and look at me, I'm still alive and breathing!" 
Ugh! Can't win them all! But dear reader if you are even a bit interested in your health and the health of your loved ones then I HIGHLY recommend Jillian Michaels book along with this book: 


Michael Pollan's book,  In the Defense of Food , Another great read about how our food has become the way it is.  Talks about the lack of "REAL FOOD" we as Americans actually consume. And how the FDA and Government really don't care about our health at all , only about the dollars they can profit from these faux food we eat every day that are cheap in cost; however in the long run it's costing us more in medical problems! As you might see I'm very passionate about health and I encourage you, BEG of you to read and get informed about the things we are putting in our bodies!  
IGNORANCE IS NOT BLISS!! 
Just you don't know something does not mean it can't hurt you!


No comments:

Post a Comment