Thursday, May 13, 2010

Gym, You Are My Friend!

Yesterday I decided to make it a goal to start back at the Gym again.  Although I can't do much of the workout I use to I still can do a brisk walk on the treadmill and day dream about getting a fit body after my sweet baby girl is born.  I didn't realize how much I had missed the feeling of working out and walking out of the gym feeling pleased I was there instead of spending my time watching TV or being lazy.  
They say it takes 21 days to create a habit.  I am now 34 days away from my due date so I had this awesome idea of making going to the gym and eating better a habit now so that way my body can whip back into shape faster. 
THE MAIN REASON though I started putting my Nikkie's back on my feet ... I hear the more I walk and force myself to stay active, the easier LABOR will be!!! 
I had many moms at my shower tell me "MAKE SURE YOU ARE WALKING!"
I can not wait for the labor to be over with and to hold my baby in my arms!!!! 
A healthy life style has always been important to me but now that I will have a child of my own, more so than ever I want to set a great example of eating and taking care of my body.
I will be seeing that treadmill later tonight for another 45 min of brisk walking and becoming a step closer to a possible better delivery experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment