Wednesday, March 17, 2010

27 Weeks Down, 13 Weeks to Go!

This week I am 27 weeks pregnant. Still have the last three months to go before my due date, which seems way too long!!

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Tuesday I went to Target to get some new cloths, but instead I just found myself in aw about how big my baby bump is now!!!

PhotobucketPhotobucket

I went and had an Ultra Sound on Thursday at Mercy. Here are two of the really cool 4D Pictures of my baby's face!

After I got my Ultra Sound my Mom and I went to Babies R' Us and looked around at all the cute and fun baby stuff. I think yesterday is when it really hit me, "I'M HAVING A BABY!" I think just being able to see how real she is on the 4D Ultra Sound and then realizing all the things I am going to need to get for her and my mom being a grandparent for the first time! Wow it's a little scary but more then anything I felt a level of excitement that I hadn't felt before!
I use to see myself as a single, independent, career driven woman. I had plans to work and travel as much as I could. I also was not sure if I would ever have my own kids, I figured I might met the man I would marry and maybe to a step-mom if he already had kids.
Now everything has changed, to my surprise I am having my own baby and although I'm going at it as a single parent I've never felt more sure that I am where God is calling me to be. I have changed a lot since finding out I was pregnant. I started looking to God, having faith and praying more. It's no longer just about me. Things I use to see as "problems" don't even matter to me anymore! I feel like I finally see what really matters in life, and I'm really live the life that God always intended me to live.
I'm so excited to be a mom and I am so blessed to have the support of my family and friends.

I leave with the quote that has really changed my thinking and helped me through this pregnancy:

"Decisions become easier when your will to please God outweighs your will to please the world."~Anso Coetzer

No comments:

Post a Comment