Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Summer Outings

I always find myself looking for new and original ideas for things to do in the Oklahoma City metro area. Last summer my friend Tiffanie and I would always try to come up with something new and fun to do for a Saturday evening or a night out. Many times when we wanted to think of something we couldn't and would just resort to a weekend in Dallas. However this Summer I will have a new born and getting an afternoon, evening, or possibly a weekend will no longer be guaranteed, so this summer I want to be able to squeeze some of my idea's in when I do get a day/night on the town!
Photobucket
My Summer Idea's and To-Do List:

  • Sunset Sail at Lake Hefner, you can pay to have them sail you out and watch the sunset (1 1/2 hour ). I love sail boats probably because I love the water, but I have yet to be on one. This is a great idea for a date or girls night out! I would also suggest a bottle or two of wine to enjoy while relaxing and taking in the beautiful scenery.
  • Go to a Friday Art Walk that they host at the Paeso (I think the first friday of the month). The great thing about these art walks is that most galleries have wine or wine tastings along with little snacks. I went to one 2 years ago and really enjoyed it. I also loved seeing local art. Afterwards you can have dinner at one of the near by restaurants, I recommend Picasso Grill. The owner Kim is a kick ass chick and my dear friend Brandon will make you an amazing cocktail!
  • Cocktails On The Skyline held on the roof top of the Oklahoma City Art Museum. I have yet to go. My friend Kelly has invited me to go with her in the past but I had never seemed to make it. It starts May 6 and runs through October 28 on Thursdays opening at 5pm. They offer cocktails and live band entertainment. This year the opening band is Born in November, which your ears will love! Cliff and the band are so talented and a joy to listen to! The first time I heard them play was at a wedding I was photographing and later got to hear them many times at Cafe Nova, you won't be disappointed!
  • Bowling Night Oklahoma city recently opened up a new bowling ally in bricktown, Red Pin. Another place I have yet to go.... They have offer drinks from beer to Martin's and have an impressive food menu. Bowling is not something I've done very often but with right friends it sounds like a fun afternoon or evening plan!
  • Go to a Baseball Game Of course here in Oklahoma city we have the nice red hawks stadium. I believe that one Tuesday or it might be Thursdays (not sure) they have drink specials for ladies night. I also just love to be at a sporting event. You won't find me watching baseball on TV, but I'm up to going to the live game! A beer in one hand and a hot dog in the other hand sound good? Well maybe a light beer and some nacho's is more likely for me to be seen with!
  • Wine Tastings I am not sure what all liquor stores or restaurants offer them but I do know of at lest one, The Wild Turkey on 122nd and McArthur. My friend Rick is an owner and the first Thursday of the month they host wine tastings, often along with a beer and liquor tasting! I would like to become more of a wine connoisseur and wine tastings always sound like an awesome idea!
  • Golf Day weather it is put-put or a driving range I honestly want to put on a polo and shorts (Gotta play the part) and go hit some balls! Then afterwards have some lunch at the country club with some club specials or maybe some lunch at a near by cafe. I guess ideally the thing to do is find some "Golfers" and spend the day on the corse and try to learn how to golf!
  • Picnics are great when the Oklahoma wind is not blowing too hard and right before the summer heat or around the fall. I enjoy laying out a big blanket and bringing some wine with a packed lunch or some snacks and enjoying catching up with a friend. Tiff and I did this last summer and preferred to be by the water although make sure the grass is soft and their isn't a pile of dead fish near by (That was gross)!!
  • Road Trip , let me rephrase that ROAD TRIP?!?!?!!! I feel like I need to yell those two words loudly and full of excitement! I really want to take a weekend road trip this summer. Two places come to mind 1) Weekend in Dallas 2) Float Illinois River. I did both last year and it was a blast!! A fun weekend in Dallas filled with shopping, dinner, and dancing is just a must from time to time. I also enjoy "camping," (I prefer finding a find with a RV I don't like to rough it too much) cook outs, and floating the river all day!
  • Lake my favorite thing about the summer is going out on a speed boat all day on the lake! I just love the sun and love the water. In Oklahoma there are plenty of chances to go out of the lake durning the summer. I would love to go to the lake AT LEST once this summer!
Well thats all I have for now. I really look forward to this summer!!! This summer will be the most exciting because I will be a new mom and look forward to being with my little baby girl.
I know that this summer I might not get to do everything I normally would and thats okay but above are some idea's for the times I'm told "Jenn, let me watch Ella today/tonight so you can have some free time" otherwise I'll draw a blank and ask the repeating question "...I don't care what do you wanna do..."

No comments:

Post a Comment